I am a Level 2 Training Peaks and USA Cycling Level 3 Certified Coach with years of experience coaching a wide variety of athletes, ranging from juniors to masters, in all cycling disciplines. I have been cycling for over 30 years, competing at various levels, including 14 years as a professional. My main focus was Mountain Bike Endurance and XC events, but I also competed in Gravel and Cyclocross. Throughout my career, I always maintained a full time job, and currently co-own a small business called Gear Rush as well as a property company. My wife Sammi and I have two daughters named Eleanor and Greta. One of the keys to my athletic success has been finding a balance between my cycling career, family, and work. My experience lends itself very well to helping athletes with jobs, family, and other obligations find the balance in their own lives.
I grew up in Vermont, and started mountain bike racing in the early 1990’s. I moved to Utah in 1998 to attend the University of Utah, and have lived in Salt Lake City since. I pursued a passion for snowboarding through my teens and mid 20’s before shifting focus to cycling. I have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy hiking, various snow sports, and just being outside.
I experienced a near career ending injury while competing in a MTB XCO World Cup in Australia while part of the Long Team for the Rio 2016 Olympics. The recovery process was long and arduous, and I eventually made it back to a high level, winning the Crusher in the Tushar once and the Park City Point 2 Point two more times before ending my professional career. I hope to share what I learned about injury recovery and rehab with athletes in similar situations.
- 8x Park City Point 2 Point Mountain Bike Race Champion
- Epic Rides Grand Junction Off-Road Pro 40 Grand Champion
- Crusher in the Tushar Pro Open/Overall Champion
- Elite Mountain Bike XCO Bronze Medal at US National Championships
- Elite Mountain Bike XCC Bronze Medal at US National Champions
- Elite Marathon Mountain Bike Bronze Medal at US National Championships
- Breck Epic Overall GC Champion and multi stage winner
- 3rd at the Leadville Trail 100 MTB in 2011, with four other top-10 finishes
- 4x 2nd Place at La Ruta de Los Conquistadores in Costa Rica
- Elite Fat Bike US National Champion
- Multi time Utah Mountain Bike and Cyclocross State Champion
- Member of the US Olympic Long Team for the Rio 2016 Olympics for XCO Mountain Bike
- True Grit Epic 100 Mountain Bike Race Champion, Multi time True Grit Epic 50 Champion
- Part of two 4-Man 24 Hour winning teams, once at 24 Hours of Moab in 2008 and once at 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo in 2013